TNHARDIN-L Archives

Archiver > TNHARDIN > 2007-10 > 1192709090

From: "David Cagle" <>
Subject: Re: [TNHARDIN] Elhana Winchester Wilson
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 07:04:50 -0500

Following is what I have found in the Hardin Co, TN records and a few
additional records on Winchester:

1790 Census, North Carolina

William Winchester 2-2-4 Mecklenburg Co.

John Cagle 2-3-6

Dugles Winchester 2-3-3

Coleman Winchester 1-0-0 Rockingham Co.

John Winchester 1-0-1

John Winchester, Sr. 2-0-1

1800 Census Index, North Carolina

Daniel Winchester, Mecklenburg Co.

Thomas Winchester

Douglas Winchester, Cabarrus Co.

Francis Winchester, Burke Co.

Coleman Winchester, Rockingham Co.

John Winchester

1810 Census Index, North Carolina

Daniel Winchester, Mecklenburg Co.

Thomas Winchester

Thomas Winchester

William Winchester

David Winchester, Burke Co.

David Winchester

Douglas Winchester

Francis Winchester

Coleman Winchester, Rockingham Co.

David Winchester

John Winchester

William Winchester, Guilford

1820 Census, TENNESSEE

Daniel Winchester, Maury Co.

Joseph Winchester, Maury Co.

Joseph Winchester, Maury Co.

James Winchester, Sumner Co.

Sarah Winchester, Sumner Co.

1820 Census, Hardin Co. TN

Douglas Winchester 20001-1101

Thomas Winchester 20001-0101

1830 Census, Hardin Co., TN
Thomas Winchester 1002101-110001

Daniel Winchester 121200001-100120001

1833 Tax List, Hardin co., TN

Daniel Winchester 440

Daniel Winchester 441

Thomas Winchester 427

Robertson Winchester 428

1836 Tax List, Hardin Co., TN
Daniel Winchester, 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

George Winchester, 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

Robertson Winchester , 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

Thomas Winchester, 78 acres 2nd C. D.

William Winchester, 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

1837 Tax List, Hardin Co., TN
Daniel Winchester, 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

George Winchester, 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

Robertson Winchester , 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

Russell Winchester, 1 wp, 3rd C. D.

Thomas Winchester, 78 acres, 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

William Winchester, 1 wp, 2nd C. D.

1840 Census, New Madrid Co., MO

John Winchester 00001-0001, Pemiscot Tshp.

Thomas Winchester 00001-10001

Isaac Winchester 10011-00001, 3 slaves, Big Prairie Tshp.

A B Winchester 120003-02022, Town of New Madrid

Daniel Winchester 000001-020001, New Madrid Tshp.

Douglas Winchester 001110001-110011

Peter L. Winchester 000001-

1840 Census, Hardin Co. TN

William Winchester 21001-10001 2nd C. D.

Robertson Winchester 00001-31001 2nd C. D.

Thomas Winchester 30001001-01211 2nd C. D.

Russell Winchester 10011-020001 3rd C. D.

George Winchester 11001-000010001 11th C. D.

1850 Census, Hardin Co., TN

8-8 William Winchester 37 NC, 2nd C. D.

Malinda 37 NC

Jasper 15 TN

Emaline 14 TN

Newton 11 TN

Marion 9 TN

George M. 7 TN

Mary 6 TN

Elvira 4 TN

Sarah 2 TN

9-9 Washington Wells, m. Rachel D. Matilda Polk

10-10 John Cagle, my g/g/grandfather, m. Eliza Polk

64-64 Robert(son) Winchester 39 TN, 2nd C. D.

Judith (Russell) 35 TN

Margaret P. 14 TN

Matilda P. 13 TN

Mary S. 11 TN

Hezekiah Bryant 23 TN Boatman

91-91 Ruth Winchester 60 NC, 2nd C. D.

Ben 21 TN

Keziah 15 TN

53-53 Russell Winchester SC, 3rd C. D. (no age)

Sarah A. NC

Elizb. M. 15 TN

Narcissa 13 TN

Sarah J. 9 TN

Rasamus E. 7 TN

Margaret 5 TN

Williaqm N. 3 TN

Ruth T. 1/12 TN

1860 Census, Hardin Co., TN

Sarah Winchester 50

Sarah J. 18

Rosana E. 17

Margarett M. 14

William N. 11

Rutha T. 8

Julia A. 6

1870 Census, Hardin Co., TN

James M. Winchester 22 TN, 2nd C. D.

Mary J. 20 NC

John Z. 5/12 TN

1880 Census, Hardin Co., TN

Charles Winchester 22 TN TN TN, living in the household of

William Spencer 64 TN NC TN

EARLY DEEDS

Thomas Winchester and Robert Russell, 96.25 acres on Indian Creek, 11 Dec.
1823, book 2, page 25.

Daniel Winchester, 200 acres on Indian Creek, 26 Aug 1836, book 2 page 191.

Thomas Winchester and Robert Russell, 121.5 acres east of Tennessee River,
27 Jan. 1837, book 2, page 111.

Thomas Winchester, 50 acres east of Tennessee River, 27 Feb. 1837, book 2
page 112.

Thomas Winchester To Thomas White, book I, page 105.

Russell Winchester to Moses S. Glenn, book , page 150.

INSOLVENCIES AND REMOVALS (from Tax records), Hardin Co., TN for the years
1841-1859 (Some mentioned for several years).

Benjamin Winchester

Daniel

James

John

John, Jr.

Maden

Robertson

Russell

Thomas

William

William, Jr.

Will of Robert Russell probated and contested by Robert R. Russell and

Robertson Winchester, 1 July 1850.

Commissioners appointed to lay off a year's support for the widow and
children of R. R. Winchester, and a Dower's interest to Sarah Winchester,
widow, 4 Oct. 1858.

John A. Smith appointed administrator of the estate of Russell Winchester, 5
Mar. 1860.

Lebanon Cemetery

Frank Winchester 1875-1960

Ora Winchester 1880-1971

Morris Chapel Cemetery

J. T. Winchester 07/19/1896-02/03/1917

Shady Grove Cemetery

Ella Anderson Winchester 1893-1967

George L. Winchester 1885-1929

Jess Winchester o6/20/1880, --------

Ollie Winchester 06/26/1888-04/08/1963

MARRIAGE RECORDS HARDIN CO., TN

Geroge Thompson m. Ellen Winchester, 11 Jan. 1866.

J. T. Hamilton m. Sarah Winchester, 17 Apr. 1867.

James M. Winchester m. Mary J. West, 13 May 1868.

William Winchester m. Susannah Spencer, 14 July 1880.

MARRIAGE RECORDS, MECKLENBURG CO., NC

Samuel Abbet m. Catherine Winchester, 11 Ded. 1802.

William Bradshaw m. Ann Winchester, 8 Aug. 1800, Thomas Winchester,
Bondsman.

Jason Winchester, bondsman, Washington Fowler m. Sarah Ray, 2 July 1833.

William Hudson m. Permelia A. Winchester, 25 Jan. 1842.

David Meguirt m. Rebedda Winchester, 12 Nov. 1833.

John R. Winchester m. Julia Wolfe, 8 Nov. 1856.

Thomas Winchester m. Rachel Finny, 8 Aug. 1800, John Finney, bondsman.

Thomas D. Winchester m. Nancy Houston, 1830, William D. Winchester,
Bondsman.

Thomas D. Winchester m. Elizabeth J. Stitt, 4 Nov. 1846.

William Winchester m. Polly Winchester, 2 Mar. 1820.

William Winchester m. Marey Woolf, 5 Feb. 1821.

>From "Hardin Co. History 1818 to 1930" by Tony Hays:

Daniel Winchester served as a private in the North Carolina Line. The
Winchester family, there were eight in Daniel's household, had come to
Hardin Co. prior to 1830. He bought a good deal of land, but about 1843, he
and his family disappeared from Hardin County.

David