TNMARION-L Archives

Archiver > TNMARION > 2010-10 > 1288543551

From: ,
Subject: [TNMARION] Noble Lee Stone. son of Solomon Stone marion county TNaffidavid
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:45:51 -0000

Author: pbryan1962
Surnames: Stone, Ladd
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.tennessee.counties.marion/801/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

W. Byrne, Clk
Affidavid N.L.Stone to Obidah Heifner
State of TN this day personally appeared before me, Robert S. Raulston, one of the acting Justice of the peace in and for said county Noble L. stone and makes the following statement on oath. i purchased a piece of land in Dade County and state of Georgia said land is the same tract where Jacob Setin now livesxon and was sold to him by me. I purchased said land from Upshaw ansd took title int he name of my five sons Little Berry Stone {b.abt1817/18 in Alabama d 29 may 1863 Arkansas, m Arcintha or Arsenette Hyatt}, Abraham Stone {b. 1823/25 died 1863/65? m. Sarah Spears aka Sarah Stone *see 1870 Bedford County tn census district 25}, Solomon Stone {Solomon Noble Stone b. 1 Sep 1827 in East TN died 20 Oct 1893 Marystown TX, m. Sally Ann Bean of marion co., TN}, John Stone {b. 3 Nov 1829 Lauderdale Co., Ala died Aug 1899 Boone Co., Arkansas m Elizabeth mcCord.}, and William Stone {William Kerry H. Stone b. 19 Sep 1822 Franklin Co, Al died 22 jan 1892 Coffee county TN, m Anna !
Ladd b. bef 1825 died 1889 Coffee County TN }, when I purchased said land and paid for it i was inthralled and was pursuaded by my wife and brother William Stone {married to ? children Sarah b. about 1815 and son Samuel b. about 1815} to take the title in the name of the xabove named five sons until I could pay my debts and I did so the most of them being minors. i claim the land as my own and never intended it for the use of the said five sons after that time i swoped said land to Joel Settin for a tract of land in marion county and State of Tennessee and when the tree oldest of the five sons came of lawful age they executed their quit claim deeds to the purchaseer without compation for the same sworn to and subscribed before me the 28th day of February 1860.
Noble X L Stone (mark)
Robert S. Raulston (Seal) Justice of hte Peace
Received for registration on the 7th day of march 1860 at 3 o'clock P.M.

* notes added in {} are mine from census or notes Mary Patterson- dates and details are not proven

** I am looking for the parents and siblings of Solomon Stone b. 1813 living in Bedford County in 1860-1880
he was married to Elizabeth Ladd b. 1813/14 the granddaughter of Elizabeth Ladd b. 24 Oct 1757/59 Rowan Co. NC living in Marion County TN with husband Solomon Stone b. 3 Dec 1752 of Prince Edward Co VA.

It has been assumed by many that my Solomon Lee Stone b. 1813 was the brother son of Noble Lee Stone however Noble's son Solomon was Solomon Noble Stone b. 1827. it does not match. HOWEVER I think them to be cousins. there were store receipts in Bedford county, TN for persons in the same family being John, William, Solomon jr.

If anyone has any info to add or correction to add please let me know, .

Important Note: