TNMAURY-L Archives

Archiver > TNMAURY > 2001-08 > 0997622092

From: "MIKE THOMPSON" <>
Subject: Re: [TNMAURY-L] 9th Battalion Tennessee Cavalry & 19th Biffle's Calvary
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:18:36 -0500

Hello..Jake Biffle was Colonel of the 19th Tennessee Cavalry Regiment which
at times was known as Biffles 9th Tennessee Cavalry Regiment. Captain Adley
Biffle of Company E 9th Battalion Tennessee cavalry was Jakes brother. This
of course was a seperate unit even tho many of the men in both were from
Maury County. Some Confederate units had the same numerical designation so
in order to keep them straight follow the units commanding officer.Most of
the 9th Battalion were with Wheeler and The Army of Tennessee in North
Carolina at the end of the war and Colonel Biffles 19th Tn.served under
General Forrest in Tennessee,Mississippi and Alabama...... Mike T.