TNMAURY-L Archives

Archiver > TNMAURY > 2008-02 > 1201983478

Subject: Re: [TNMAURY] BYNUM FAMILY IN MAURY CO TN
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 15:17:58 -0500

There is a Bynum-Williams cemetery in Maury County.

Bynum- Williams Cemetery

Take US 31 North from Mt. Pleasant, going 1 1/4 miles past Maury County Airport. Turn left, passing through Rattle & Snap's farm area, crossing railroad tracks and by-pass, follow farm road through fields to cemetery in a grove surrounded by ploughed fields.

Tapley Bynum (abt 1761-1840)

Born: abt 1761 in Orange Co., NC (LDS: 6 Mar 1761)

Parents: Luke and Martha Patterson Bynum

Died: 16 Feb 1840 in Maury Co., TN

Married: (1) Ann Rickman (m. abt 1781, per Frank Cooke)

(2) Amy Bradford (m. abt 1783, per George Bentley)

Children:

(1) Luke Bynum (b. 1786). m. Sally Horton

(2) John Bynum (b. abt 1780)

(3) Tapley Bynum (3), b. abt 1784

(4) Mark Bynum, b. abt 1782-1786, m. Dolly Williams

(5) William Bynum (b. 1788), m. 1812 Winfred Horton

Notes:

>From Betty Weaver, Georgetown, TX (), 8/2001:

Your William who married Winifred Horton is the brother of my Luke who married Sarah Horton.? But where did Ann Bradford come from> I have never run across her.? All the information says that Anne Rickman or Richman was Tapley's wife and no mention of Ann Bradford.? What do you have on her?

I got your address from the Maury County web site. I am the daughter of Vera Bynum dau/o Tapley Bynum s/o William W. Bynum s/o Luke Bynum s/o Tapley. Luke Bynum was married to Sarah Horton when the extended family moved to Maury County about 1818. Sarah died and Luke married Margaret Clark before they moved to Kentucky.Luke had about 13 children, eight of whom we have identified. Now to what I need to find out: either a death date for Sarah or a marriage date for Margaret, as well as names of other children. Descendents that I have talked to all divide the children up in different

Ways.

http://grc.dar.org/dar/darnet/grc/grc.cfm

Name (Last/First) State Series/Vol Page??

BYNUM, Tapley? TN? s1 v89 273??????? (More Info)

? Title: Tennessee DAR GRC report ; s1 v089 : bible records, 1956-1962?

Title:? Tennessee DAR GRC report ; s1 v089 : bible records, 1956-1962?