TNPOLK-L Archives

Archiver > TNPOLK > 2002-01 > 1011704733

Subject: MOORE, William and family, 1900
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:05:33 EST

William Moore was born in Lebanon Co., PA ca 1830. He moved with his parents
to Westmoreland Co., PA prior to 1838, then moved to IL pre Civil War. He
married Charlotte Staples in Tazewell Co. IL, Feb. 1851.
William was in the civil war from Decatur, Macon Co., IL. His name is on the
monument there and I have some of his enlistment records...the POW records
have not been purchased yet.
He and Charlotte moved around quite a bit, from IL to WI, back to IL.
He and Charlotte had marital problems and on the 1900 Macon Co., IL census,
she stated she was a widow.
I know from other sources, however, that he was alive and living in Benton,
Polk Co., TN at the time. I found him on the 1900 census.
His wife was Sarah, born in Oct. 1849 in TN. They had 3 children. Willie
Moore, born March 1883 in TN. Benjamin Moore born March 1886 in TN.
Scholott Moore born April 1888 in TN.

I haven't found them since the 1900 census.

Shirley Maynard

This thread: