TNSMITH-L Archives

Archiver > TNSMITH > 2001-01 > 0978890815

From: geefer <>
Subject: Re: [TNSMITH] Richard Parker and Mary Ann Gregory?
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 10:06:55 -0800

Do you know who are the parents of Richard PARKER and Mary Ann
GREGORY?

Mary Knight wrote:
Mary Ann was daughter of Rebecca Kemp and Smith Gregory and her picture
is on the Smith Co. page submitted by Curt.
Was this Elizabeth Parker below widow of Dempsey Parker?

Murry!
Oh, yeah, I had Mary Ann GREGORY as the daughter of Rebecca KEMP and
Smith GREGORY but I had her listed as Polly Ann and my 'puter didn't know
that Polly was a nickname for Mary. My g-g-g grandmother was/is Lucy
PARKER, b. about 1794. She had a brother named
Richard PARKER. I've done very little research on Lucy's siblings and I
thought maybe, just maybe, someone might have some info on my uncle Richard
PARKER's descendants.

Straighten me out on something. I have some unverified ( by me, that is)
information that Mary "Polly" Ann GREGORY was married to a James Newton
PARKER, born about 1828, and died about 1863.

1850 Census (Smith Co.)
Elizabeth Parker, age 65
Richard Parker, age 23
Eliza Parker, age 25
James Parker, age 21

1860 Census (Smith Co.)
Elizabeth Parker, age 70
Richard Parker, age 33
Eliza Parker, age 35

James Parker, age 30
Polly A. Parker, age 20

My question: Is Polly A. Parker the same person as Mary "Polly" Ann
Gregory, daughter of Smith Gregory and Rebecca Kemp?

Bobby L. West