TNWEAKLE-L Archives

Archiver > TNWEAKLE > 2002-12 > 1040143064

From: "LuAnn" <>
Subject: [TnWeakle] John G. NEAL
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:37:44 -0600

I received the Civil War papers on John Glen Neal (born 1880) of
Mississippi. He was my ggg grandf. His grandson James Elijah Neal left
home (MS) before 1900 and went to Carroll Co. The story goes that he left
home because he did not like his step-mother. The step mother died and
James' father John Bennett Marion Elkanah NEAL (what a name!) also came to
Carroll Co and had another wife by 1900 and more children.

James Elijah NEAL married about 1904 to Ethel BLACK born Mar 1884 and
daughter of William A. BLACK and Beny Catherine FOSTER. James and Ethel
resided in Weakley County in 1910-1930 and probably later. James and Ethel
are both buried Pilgrim's Rest Cemetery.

If anyone is related to this NEAL family and would like more information,
let me know.

There was at least one other NEAL family in Weakley unrelated to mine.

LuAnn

This thread: