TNWILSON-L Archives

Archiver > TNWILSON > 2001-03 > 0984932324

From: "Teresa Walker" <>
Subject: Re: [TNWILSON] John and Sally Dillard, Wilson Co,
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 10:18:44 -0600

Anne,

Thomas E. Partlow's WILSON COUNTY, TENNESSEE, CHANCERY COURT RECORDS
1842-1892, has several entries for your Dillards which may be helpful to
you.

1. Bill of complaint of Allen Dillard, Polly Lampkins, Richard T. Price and
wife Lilly, formerly Lilly Jacobs, and Celia Jacobs against William
Lampkins, Sarah T. Lampkins, and Bettie Lampkins. 13 November 1854
(Chancery Court 1855-1861, Pp. 410-415)

2. Bill of complaint of W. H. L. Baird against Sallie A. Dillard, executrix
of Allen Dillard. Said Sallie A. Dillard is the widow. Injunction. 27
November 1871 (Chancery Book H, Pp. 542-547) [This indicates that
Allen had a will which you would be able to send for.]

3. Bill of complaint of S. A. Dillard, widow of Allen Dillard, against
Mattie J. Green and husband Walter of Obion County; James Dillard of Sumner
County; Mary E. Johnson and husband James W.; Sallie, Benjamin J., Josephine
E., and Willie E. Dillard of Wilson County. Allen Dillard died in 1865.
The defendants are his children and heirs. He left a tract of land about
two miles from Lebanon on the old Franklin Road. James Rice gave his
deposition concerning the land. 4 June 1870 (Chancery Book I, Pp. 285-294)

4. Bill of complaint of Leopold Drifoos against John J. Hartsfield, Martha,
Elizabeth R. Harris, E. R. Dillard and wife Susan Ann, formerly Johnson, and
R. C. Scobey. Solomon Hartsfield died on 28 May 1849. Injunction. 18
October 1871 (Chancery Book L, Pp. 292-300)

Here is an additional Dillard entry which may not be of your family, but
seems interesting and could tie in.

5. James S. Dyer of Sumner County, complainant of William B. Dillard;
Cobert Corley of Henry County; James c. Terry and Richard Corley of Wilson
County; and Christopher C. Corley of Jackson County, Arkansas against
William Dillard. William B. Dillard intermarried with Elizabeth Corley, the
daughter of William Corley who departed this life in Wilson County. His
daughter was to have an equal share with her brothers. The said William
Corley gave his children by his last wife the slaves. Said Elizabeth was a
child by the last wife. She moved to Illinois with her husband, William B.
Dillard, and there died, leaving her husband as her heir. Said Dillard was
a good man, but no manager. James C. Terry, Richard Corley and Christopher
C. Corley were securities for Robert Corley to a certain bond. It has not
been paid. Said Dyer is seeking from the estate. 20 August 1860 (Chancery
Court 1865-1867, Pp. 102-109)

The above records are not available for photocopying nor are they on
microfilm. The books are in the hands of a private citizen and Mr.
Partlow's abstracts are the only information available. However, there
would be wills, deeds, etc. listed in other books regarding the above
entries.

Teresa