TOBIN-L Archives

Archiver > TOBIN > 2008-06 > 1213125068

From: ,
Subject: [TOBIN] tobins of cloughleafin,mitchelstown,co.cork.
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:11:08 -0000

Author: 12otoole
Surnames: Tobins of Cloughleafin,Mitchelstown,Co.Cork.
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.tobin/1171/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Looking for any information on Tobins who mostly settled in the Boston area late 1890's,early 1900's from Mitchelstown area.There were 15 children and some allegedly settled in Australia and England also.Four at least[including my grandmother]stayed in Ireland.One of the four was the father of General Liam Tobin,Michael Collins Chief of Intelligence in the War of Independence.I can be contacted at names were John,Michael,Thomas,Brigid,Ellen,Patrick[d.1970]and Elizabeth Tobin.

Important Note: