TOVREA-L Archives

Archiver > TOVREA > 2008-02 > 1203860090

From: Gladys <>
Subject: [TOVREA] blue eyes
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 06:34:50 -0700

Morning,

Just some DNA tidbits: A team of scientists has recently tracked down
a genetic mutation that leads to blue eyes. The mutation occurred
between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago. Before then, there were no blue
eyes.."Originally, we all had brown eyes,said Hans Eiberg from the
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at the University of
Copenhagen. Google more on "Blue Eyes and DNA."

The predominated eye color of the descendants of William McGehee b
1763 NC is hazel. So if you are a descendant of Rev. Thomas Tovrea b
1791 PA and whose wife was Mary McGehee b 1798 NC, your eyes are
probably hazel. I am and mine are. Children of this Thomas and wife
Mary were: Joshua, Jane Tovrea Welch, Mary Tovrea Greenman, William
F, Charles S, Melissa Tovrea Mason, Thomas L, and John.

Below is an article about blue eyes from the Genetic Genealogis.
http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com/2008/02/06/the-family-tree-of-blue-eyed-individuals/

Gladys

Just FYI, for our new members. Rev Thomas Tovrea b 1791 is a son of
Old Thomas Toberry the Rev War Patriot and who died in Anderson
County, TN in 1807.

This thread: