TRAIL-L Archives

Archiver > TRAIL > 2003-10 > 1065029725

Subject: [TRAIL] Traill / Trail Family Tartan Available for the First Time!
Date: 1 Oct 2003 11:35:25 -0600

Surnames: Traill, Trail, Trale, Trayle, Trayal
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/EVSBAEB/219

Message Board Post:

Dear Fellow Traill / Trail Family Member (or Descendant, or Friend!),

A group of us in Scotland, the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, and Canada are clubbing together to have the first-ever bolt of Traill Family Tartan woven by Scotland's world-famous Lochcarron woollen mill. I'd like to invite you to join with us, if interested. For more information about this opportunity, please see the web page at http://www.ThistleStopShop.com/buytraill.html. For more information about the design of the tartan, see http://www.cynergy.us/tartans/traill.html.

As the designer of our officially-registered family tartan, I am especially excited about this project. My company, The Thistle Stop Shop, is sponsoring the arrangements with the weaving house so we can all get the tartan at a wholesale trade price. We've also arranged with our kiltmaker, Tribal Tartans of North Berwick, East Lothian, Scotland, to tailor kilts at a great low price for those who would like to order them, though you are free to have your kilt made by any kiltmaker of your choice or use the fabric for another purpose, of course! You can order as little as a half-metre of tartan (just enter 0.5 as the quantity in the order process), or as much as you want, in half-metre increments! Production will begin shortly, and once the order is placed with the weaving house, we can't change the total amount, so be sure to get your order in soon if you want to be included! This tartan is not a stock item at any weaving house and therefore can only be purchased by speci!
al order of a minimum of 10 metres (or more, at some other mills). That's what makes this opportunity so significant!

All the details about the fabric and purchasing your own yardage can be found at http://www.ThistleStopShop.com/buytraill.html. If you have any questions, don't hestitate to contact me by email or by phone at 301-845-2389 (Maryland, USA).

By the way, as far as the chief researchers of our family history and genealogy can determine, everyone of the surname Traill or Trail is descended from the same Scottish family, who originated in Scandinavia and migrated to Scotland by way of Franceā€”so we are all cousins!

Le deagh dhurachd (Scottish Gaelic for "With best wishes"),

Cynthia Balfour-Traill
The Thistle Stop Shop
Woodsboro, Maryland, USA

This thread: