TRAMMELL-L Archives

Archiver > TRAMMELL > 2008-05 > 1210605100

From: "Nancy Keith" <>
Subject: [TRAMMELL] More info
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:11:40 -0400

Since there has been an ongoing discussion of DNA tests on this List, and
some great information along with urgings to participate, (thanks, Linda!) I
thought I'd pass on this bit that came in today. Enjoy, and I hope it
helps!

Nancy
In chilly, gloomy Michigan - where it promises to brighten up later today -
hooray!

Tips from the Pros: You've Had DNA Tests.
Now What?
from George G. Morgan

Having your Y-DNA and mitochondrial DNA tested is a first step towards using
a new toolkit in your genealogical research. It's something new, just as
using the Internet was twelve to fifteen years ago. Don't be overwhelmed.

Dr. Blaine Bettinger, also known as the "Genetic Genealogist," is there to
help you learn how to use your test results and apply them to your research.
His blog helps translate a scientific topic into understandable terminology
for "the rest of us." He also has produced a 28-page book PDF file titled "I
Have the Results of My Genetic Genealogy Test, Now What?" that helps those
of us who are just beginning our genetic quest understand it all. His
explanation is one of the best and most understandable for the layman. You
will want to add this to your reading list if you are exploring your genetic
genealogical connections.

The eBook that George mentioned - I Have the Results of My Genetic Genealogy
Test, Now What? - is available by simply clicking "Download Now" in the
right sidebar.

http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com/2008/05/12/welcome-to-the-genetic-genealogist/

This thread: