Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2007-12 > 1198206446

From: "Lee Anders" <>
Subject: [TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM] Genealogy software
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 22:07:26 -0500

How important is genealogy software (e.g., Legacy, FTM, Rootsmagic, TMG) to
the professional?

I find it indispensable with regard to my personal projects, and quite the
opposite in my professional work. For reasons I can't fully understand
myself, it feels stifling to me when I'm doing work for a client. I'd rather
work on paper, and then type it straight into a word processor when I'm
ready to draft the report. Is there something wrong with me, or what? ;-)

Lee

This thread: