Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2007-12 > 1198271083

From: "Christy Fillerup" <>
Subject: Re: [TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM] Genealogy software
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:04:43 -0700

Lee,

I feel this way about client research as well as my own. I do keep my
research in FTM 2008, but really only to aid in creating family group
records, etc. I really prefer to create a "client" report for each of my
own family groups as well. In my opinion genealogy software puts too much
emphasis on facts, NDP, and not enough emphasis on the reasoning behind each
assertion. A GEDCOM without accompanying report, or copious notes, as well
as source citations is pretty much useless in my opinion.

Cheers,