Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-04 > 1207170147

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: [TGF] Core of Competence article
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:02:27 -0400

I think it has been answered that the group studying articles has a lineup
of such articles from NGSQ, etc. In my mind this article would benefit a lot
more people if we discussed it right here on TGF. It doesn't take 3 readings
to understand it and make sure the author created a plausible proof summary
as the other articles do. Discussing it here could lead to some interesting
insights into how each of us actually works.

For example, I wondered which of the numbered tips surprised you the most?
Which one (if any) did you say "Duh! - obvious!"? Have you used any of the
techniques to solve a problem? Do you make sure you use the techniques when
working on a client's problem? And here's that old bug-a-boo: what if the
client didn't initially authorize enough time to complete the technique
(such as searching deed records)?

Just a thought,
Elissa in Pittsburgh

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

This thread: