Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-05 > 1209671411

From: "Christy Fillerup" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Photography and citations
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:50:11 -0600

Paula,

I include photos, whether of people, cemeteries, or land, the same way I do documents. I refer to them by their exhibit name in the body of the report, and then include an appendix with all of the documents labeled with their exhibit # and citation.

So a sentence might look like this: John Doe died 01 May 2008 in Anywhere, USA(footnote #) [exhibits 1-3]

The footnote would be the citations, the exhibits might be 1-photo of tombstone, 2-death certificate, 3-obituary, or whatever I have used to assert that John Doe died when and where I said he did.

I cite them using EE 3.37 and placing myself as the private owner. I don't see a way to cite the photographer, however, perhaps someone else will have a better idea of how to do this.

Christy Fillerup

Millenealogy Family History Research
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.millenealogy.com