Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-05 > 1209671747

From: Dee Dee King <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Photography and citations
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 12:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

Paula, I treat the photo like any other document or copy. When it is mentioned in the report there is a footnote and a reference to the attachment #. The footnote matches the source citation label on the pix or doc. This source citation label also includes the report info.

Several genealogist friends scan the documents or photos and insert them onto the pages of the report. I don't like doing that because (without a publishing program) I can't make the objects and text flow correctly. Maybe it's nitpicky, or old fashioned, but I prefer the documents and pictures as attachments anyway.