Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-05 > 1211477309

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] question about RAOGK requests
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:28:29 -0400

My impression of RAOGK is that the service is free but reimbursement of
expenses may be made. I am sure your recipient will be glad to know of the
negative find and the reasons which you think pertain to not finding the
obituary.

You have two choices: Report back your negative find and either charge for
the mileage; or chalk up the mileage to the other person. Either way your
kindness will be appreciated for the effort you took.

If this was a client with whom you had a contract (verbal, written, or
formal) you would charge for your time which is spelled out up front in the
contract. Since by the nature of the person contacting you through RAOGK the
understood "contract" is that your time is given freely and out of pocket
expenses could be reimbursed. IMHO, of course.

Best wishes on whatever you decide to do.
-- Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

This thread: