Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-07 > 1216150214

From: Patti Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Citation Question
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:30:14 -0500
References: <001a01c8e370$74be4cd0$5e3ae670$@com><104905.64071.qm@web57009.mail.re3.yahoo.com><20080712012832.EC8806382E@gateway.wvi.com> <BLU144-DS62CA8045939C36BA95B07D7930@phx.gbl> <C07638EF8E8C49EF9EE52C8573D1BAF3@AmyComputer><79200E02-A7DD-4450-AFAF-90864BC9D6FB@hobbits8.com><00d801c8e62f$c42e7710$4c8b6530$@net><FDEE8EC6-5802-455A-A6B8-CA6861733082@hobbits8.com><003501c8e6ab$deee3b90$9ccab2b0$@net>

Thanks, Elizabeth. I did realize I would cite the first portion as a
newspaper. My question only had to do with the second part of the
citation, but I wasn't very clear in what I said. I went to the BCG
workshop at Kansas City which Tom Jones taught, and I thought his
chart showing the first half to be the form of citation of the
original material and the second showing the new format to be very
helpful. I'm pretty clear on that, but the "preservation copy" idea
was new to me--not really since I knew about the FHL films--but I
blanked out on that and didn't apply it to this situation. I think
I'm getting a better view of the bigger picture.

I actually work better at things at night because I don't have nearly
so many interruptions, but then maybe my thinking skills start to
dwindle.:-)

Thank you again.

Patti