Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-10 > 1224294672

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Guardianship issue
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 21:51:12 -0400

Elizabeth's point is well-taken -- the petition wording is important. I was
answering the question about conditions upon which a woman would need a
guardian when (definition of when: *at the time*) she is married. Perhaps I
read too quickly. Elizabeth's explanation, of course, makes sense if she was
already married. That means that there was probably a guardian appointed at
the time of her marriage if she didn't already have one.

Keep digging, Patti!

-- Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

This thread: