Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-10 > 1224704519

From: Janis L Gilmore <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] APGQ article & plagiarism
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:41:59 -0700

Well, as an English major I shouldn't admit it, but this clarification was
quite helpful to me, Tom.

Particularly the indication that three sentences justifies an offset quote.
I have had trouble judging that in the past, and while I realize there is
some room for flexibility, it's nice to have a rule of thumb.

(I sometimes feel that I spend more time finding out what I don't know than
I spend exhibiting what I do know.)

Janis Walker Gilmore