Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-10 > 1224769366

From: "Charles S. Mason, Jr." <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] [APG] Timeline for one-year certification clock
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:42:46 -0400

I wish I had done as Debbie suggests and waited until my portfolio was
almost complete before applying. I did some of the work before sending in
my application and I thought I could finish the work in a year. One of the
projects I was working on for a client report (1999 and we needed three)
came to an unexpected dead end and I did not feel it was good enough to
submit. I applied for and received an extension.

That is why I always tell everyone who asks me about certification, finish
as much as you can before applying. That way they should be able to
complete the work in the year.

Chuck Mason