Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2008-10 > 1225345905

From: Patti Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Signature Comparison
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 00:51:45 -0500

On Oct 30, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Patti Hobbs wrote:
> And I'm really ready to be convinced either way! I

I just wanted to make it clear that I do understand that there isn't
going to be anyway that people would be able to say that they were
definitely the same person or definitely were not. I'm only looking
for input as to whether people think that the signatures are enough
alike that they might be the same person, or if they are enough to
different to make it unlikely. There's another signature on page 10
of the pension file. That's where it mentions her Baptist connections.
Her son copied the names and dates from an older Bible into the new
Bible (from which the included pages were torn <shudder, shudder>) in
1819, and she remembered the year because it was the year after she
joined the Baptist church in 1819. So that's in the pension file, and
then this other Elizabeth Bloodgood has this book used in Baptist
circles that she acquired in 1822. I think it's also used in Methodist
circles though. I know it doesn't prove anything, but it is an
interesting connection should they turn out to be the same person.

Patti

This thread: