Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2009-03 > 1236874336

From: "Elissa Scalise Powell, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Report writing (was Pro bono in South Carolina)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:12:16 -0400

Janis,
Thanks for your comments. I should not write emails late at night. The point
I was trying to make (to the list more than you) was that by repeatedly
doing "client reports" (could be more formal reports for your own files) you
have practiced the skills necessary to be able to choose or produce a report
suitable for requirement 5. The more choices and experiences you have for
subject or format, the better you can pick one that you feel exemplifies
your skills.

I do wish, oh so long ago, that I had had the _BCG Genealogical Standards
Manual,_ page 49, or even some suggestion of it from a peer or mentor. I
could have been practicing report writing while making my own files easier
to pick up where I had left off.

Good luck in your pursuits. I know we are all here because we *want* to be.
Genealogy can be a happy respite from everyday "stuff."

-- Elissa

Elissa Scalise Powell, CG
www.PowellGenealogy.com
Certification of Genealogists, used under license after periodic evaluations
by the Board.

This thread: