Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2009-04 > 1240422117

From: Patti Hobbs <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Fathers and Rulers petition
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:41:57 -0500

Magdol's study was published as _The Antislavery Rank and File: a social
profiles of the Abolitionists' constituency_ by Greenwood Press in 1986.
_Signatures of Citizenship_ by Susan Zaeske analyzes the language of the
women's petitions and "interprets the debate" over women's citizenship:

I can find Google search bit that contains words about the petitions and
Barnes and a database called "Our Mothers" but it's linked to a journal
article which is in a database to which I have no immediate access. The
American Historical Review 109.3. It looks like the journal article is a
review of the Zaeske book and so perhaps reference is made to Barnes there.

This thread: