Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2009-06 > 1245774718

From: Leslie Morales <>
Subject: [TGF] Already published/Slave statistics
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:31:58 -0400

Patsy Fletcher, now with the District of Columbia Office of Historic
Preservation, wrote a paper which included her transcription of the
names of men from the "Prince George's County (MD) Slave Statistics" who
were alleged to have joined the US Colored Troops (USCT). Ms.
Fletcher's research included the examination of pension, jail, and
census records. A portion of her work was published in "Fugitives From
Enslavement As Abstracted From Prince George's County Commissioner of
Slave Statistics," Journal of the Afro-American Historical and
Genealogical Society 26 (2008): 36

Maryland State Archives, Archives of Maryland Online, Slavery Commission:
http://aomol.net/megafile/msa/speccol/sc2900/sc2908/html/commission.html
"The Maryland State Archives is preparing a series of volumes in the
Archives of Maryland series relating to the history of slavery in Maryland"

Agnes Kane Collum transcribed "St. Mary's County (MD) Slave Statistics":
http://aomol.net/000001/000369/html/index.html

"Montgomery County (MD) Slave Statistics":
http://aomol.net/megafile/msa/speccol/sc2900/sc2908/000001/000812/html/index.html

Leslie Anderson
Reference Librarian
Special Collections