Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2009-08 > 1249859413

From: Rondina Muncy <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Tweeting on the APG list
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:10:13 -0500

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Amy Coffin <> wrote:

> I have been utilizing Twitter at library conferences for years. I think the
> APG debate stems from misunderstanding and not picturing all possible uses
> of Twitter. It's more than just taking notes from a lecture.

Amy,

I'm sure I can't imagine all the ways twitter could be used, but I suspect
they number in the thousands. Twittering is definitely more than taking
notes from a lecture. When I addressed this issue on the APG list---I was
addressing solely that issue. This discussion is not about whether or not
people should twitter from a conference (or twitter, period), but about
whether tweeting the points that a lecturer makes during a presentation is
ethical. Since my original post, I have seen another blogger's tweets from
the same conference that did not seem to infringe on the speaker's rights.

Rondina

> --
> Rondina P. Muncy
> Ancestral Analysis