Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2009-11 > 1257281496

From: "Melissa Barker" <>
Subject: [TGF] Interesting Potential Client
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 14:51:36 -0600

Hello All,

I just had to share this! I am talking with a potential client (which you will probably guess after reading this that I probably won't pick up) that has some strange ideas. This started out with a single document request and when she got that from somewhere else she emailed me the below email excerpt. What planet is this person from? Professional Genealogist doing free research? Copies for free? Am I missing something?!!!

I emailed her with my hourly rates, I don't think I will get this one, will see.

Melissa Barker
Professional Genealogist for Tennessee and Kentucky
My Website: www.freewebs.com/genealogyservices/

So i DO NOT need this document now i received it but if you could find any record showing G. W. CHAMPIONS Parents mentioned! ill be glad to pay the $25. Also G W Champion full name is George Wesley Champion,He had a brother named Micajah Champion,name sake for there father supposedly! After there parents died George and Micajah champion are living with a family named John and Rebecca Stokes and children in 1850
Thats all i have to go on! If you can find anything on THIS champion family before this year,this is what iam interested in! I well be happy to pay the $25 for your services but no more then that Iam also a Professional Genealogist but i do research for free! I know the researching takes time,gas,etc but for the most part court,library anything public is free for the copys! With this said iam happy to pay $25 for your services and time!

This thread: