Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1262650462

From: "Christy Fillerup" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Questions about compiled lineages
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 17:14:22 -0700

Eileen,

The pre-1900 stipulation sounds like the Accreditation project. Here is how
they answer the question:

http://www.icapgen.org/Programs/faq.htm#NO4

"The four-generation project only involves four families. These four
families must have lived a significant portion of their lives in the
geographical area of choice. The person in the first generation must have
been born before 1900. The four families must be related to each other by
lineal or collateral descent.

Perhaps looking at this four-generation pedigree from its end point, if you
take the couple in the last of the four-generations shown, you can choose
any of their children to be the next generation. It could be any son or
daughter and that person's spouse. The son or daughter's family would be the
next generation coming forward in time. Then you could choose any child of
that couple. That child and his or her spouse would be the third generation.
Any child of theirs would be the fourth generation. You need to research
these four families thoroughly, but you do not need to follow any other
children down an additional generation."

Christy