Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264042506

From: "Dee Dee King,Certified Genealogist" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] "Writing as you go" [was "To codify or not to codify"]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:55:06 -0800 (PST)

Rick said:
I hadn't really made a conscious reflection before on when I "write as I
go," but typical "stopping" points before the final one to write up
everything to that point (or from the last stopping point include):
1. Learning a new generation.
2. Movement from one location (county or state) to another before beginning
research in the earlier location.
3. Correlating different document sets as to what they have in common as tax
lists, land grants, land bequeathed in wills, deeds, etc. to each other.
4. Researched a county's records back to formation. [Write the report of
everything found to then, before proceeding to researching records of the
parent county.]
~~~~~

As I struggle to improve this aspect of my report writing - that's as good an example as I've seen. Thanks, Rick.

--
Dee Dee King, Certified Genealogist (sm), Certificate 903
www.ForensicGenealogyServices.com

Forensic Genealogy Services is the service mark (sm) of Forensic Genealogy Services, LLC. Certified Genealogist (CG) is a service mark (sm) of the board for Certification of Genealogists®, conferred to associates who consistently meet ethical and competency standards in accord with peer-reviewed evaluations every five years.

This thread: