Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264225872

From: "LBoswell" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] was GPS, now The Phrase
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 00:51:12 -0500

I think now that I've been pushed harder, it's not because of anything
inherent in the standards, it's because I'm questioning the whole interplay
between adhering to the standards and serving my clients' needs. Now I know
the response is going to be that the code serves the client's needs. And I
understand that for most people that is the honest truth.

But not for me. that may sound curious, but it's because there are parts of
the codes that I'm not sure that I can work within any longer for a few
reasons, which I'm still exploring

So to sit and try to first explain why I'm at this stage and have this
doubt, and then to look in the codes and tell you it's because of this or
that, I can't at the moment do it. But within a discussion of the aspects
of the codes, I will participate.

Larry

This thread: