Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264376039

Subject: Re: [TGF] TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM Digest, Vol 4, Issue 140
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:35:13 -0800

Kelly,

If you are meaning to get a social security card you can go to http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ss-5.html

If you mean for someone deceased you can go to www.socialsecurity.gov/foia/new_forms/Form%20SSA-711%2012%2020%202004.pdf - 2005-12-15 -

I have not heard of a tracking system for applications ordered. There is a Civil Action Tracking System (CATS) for those in class action suits with SS.

There is a list of notices of system records but I couldn't locate one for tracking an ordered application http://www.socialsecurity.gov/foia/bluebook/toc.htm

If you locate a system for checking on applications ordered I'd love to hear about it.

Hope that helps.

Jill
www.ultimate-genealogy.com (research)
www.jillsgenealogy.com (informational help)

---------------
> Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:45:21 -0800 (PST)
> From: Kelly Holderbaum <>
> Subject: [TGF] Social Security Applications
>
> Hello!
> My computer crashed and I have been looking for awhile for the
> Social Security Application online order page where you can put in
> your case # and tracking # for SS Apps I ordered.
> Can anyone point me to this page??
> Thanks!
> Kelly Holderbaum

This thread: