Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264491339

From: Jeanette Daniels <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Certification vs. education (Was: Usability [wasGenealogy as a discipline])
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:35:39 -0800 (PST)

Everyone,

I have a question since the discussion is on education, certification, etc.
I understand that the NGS course used to be properly accredited in the
United States through an accrediting body, but that now it is not.
Does anyone know why?  Why was the accreditation allowed to lapse?

Also, why has BCG not been accredited as a certifying body in the US?
The same goes for the ICAPGEN not being accredited as a certifying body
in the United States as well.  Both have been around long enough that by
now it seems that both would have gone through this.

Does anyone know?  Thanks.

Jeanette