Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264520888

From: "Patricia W Rand" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] has anyone used Archives.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:48:08 -0500

I received the following email a couple of days ago that might offer some
explanation about Archives.com

Pat Rand

____________________

> > As part of our ongoing effort to make family history simple and
> > affordable, we've changed our name from Genealogy Archives to
> > Archives.com. But don't worry - we continue to add new historical
> > records at a rate of almost 50,000 per day, and you'll also maintain
> > full and exclusive access to all of the great tools and resources you've
> > enjoyed as a Genealogy Archives member.

So why the name change? Besides being easier to spell and type, Archives.com
more accurately describes the extensive resources we provide to family
historians and researchers of all levels. In addition to offering over 1
billion historical records, expert tutorials and our Family History Made
Simple course, Archives.com also makes researching current records simple.
For example, our Living Person Search includes contact information for over
85% of households, helping you to reconnect with friends and family who may
have valuable information to help with your research.

All links to the old Genealogy Archives website will automatically redirect
to Archives.com, so don't worry if you accidentally use the old url. Here's
the new member-area url if you want to bookmark it:
http://www.archives.com/member

In addition to the name change to Archives.com, we're continuing to work
hard on new functionality and improvements (and of course adding millions of
new records) - all with the goal of making your research simple and
affordable (and, of course, successful). We'll have more exciting
information to share soon.

Joe Godfrey
Sr. Product Manager
Archives.com
--------------------
Archives.com
P.O. Box 391146
Omaha, NE 68139

__________________________________
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:58:09 -0800
> From: "Claudia Breland" <>
> Subject: [TGF] has anyone used Archives.com?
> To: <>
>
> Hi everyone,
> This morning I was looking for divorce records in the State of
> Washington,
> and my google search led to http://www.archives.com, which costs $39 a
> year.
> Have any of you used this, or heard of it?
>
> Thanks,
> Claudia Breland
> http://www.ccbreland.com

This thread: