Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264522618

From: Melanie Holtz <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] BCG Standard #5
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:16:58 +0000

Harold said:

"5. Information is collected efficiently by

carefully analyzing and defining the question an investigation is intended to answer;

identifying sources for the data that may be needed to answer that question;

and designing an intelligent plan for accessing and examining those sources."

"Comments?"

I assert that this Standard can be practiced by doing several mock BCG Requirement 4's. Then assess your finished products to see if they meet the Standards, including #5.

I did this unintentionally throughout my Certification process as I changed my mind on which document to submit. The process of doing four of these (yes, four) was of great benefit in growing my analytical skills.

Sincerely,

Melanie D. Holtz, CG(sm)
Holtz Research Services
http://holtzresearch.com

CG and Certified Genealogist are Service Marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists®, used under license by board certificants after periodic competency evaluations by the Board.

This thread: