Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264625725

From: Jeanette Daniels <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Certification vs. education (Was: Usability[wasGenealogyas a discipline])
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:55:25 -0800 (PST)

Janis,

No, I am not a CG.  I am working on the degree end of trying to improve genealogical
education.  The discussion came up when someone suggested that there was a
competition between certification and education.  There should be none.  It should be
a matter of working together to have what other professions do.  Certification is a natural
fit for post-graduate work.

Jeanette