Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-01 > 1264919344

From: "Christy Fillerup" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Institutes, etc.
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:29:04 -0700

I've enjoyed the discussion on Samford and other institute options. It's
indisputable that something about the Samford experience makes it unique,
even among genealogical institutes. Thsi will be my first year attending and
I'm anxious to experience it for myself.

For those who are not aware there is an institute held in the west each year
in Salt Lake City. The Utah Genealogical Association offers the Salt Lake
Institute of Genealogy each year in January. This institute doesn't have
quite the following that Samford does. I'm interested in comparing and
contrasting the two this summer after I attend Samford, as I've attended
SLIG in the past. (In the interest of full disclosure I am a member of the
Utah Genealogical Association, but I don't have any part of organizing or
running SLIG or any personal interest in its success.)

Having never attended Samford I can't put my finger on what it is about this
particular institute that makes it so special. Yet I have no doubt at all
that it is. (Did I mention I'm excited!!!!! <grin>). For those of you who
have attended Samford, what is it that makes this particular institute such
a stand out?

Christy

This thread: