Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-05 > 1274591506

From: "Sarah A. V. Kirby" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Publishing Online: What Do You Do and Why?
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 22:11:46 -0700 (PDT)

I have an admittedly old software version of my tree online. I'm still looking for something that can use multiple databases and/or can update rather than replace the entire site with minimal effort/time (my last update took hours to upload -- ugh!). I also post a PDF descendant tree. No sources are posted. But, if people ask, I will send up to five generations (with sources) either as PDF or GEDCOM.

I don't post living people's dates, but I haven't figured out how to keep their event places off. I have removed a couple of individuals at their request. I'm a bit conservative on dates (born before 1910 or married before 1930 are my cutoff dates). I'll probably up both by a decade next time I post (b. b4 1920; m. b4 1940).

Much of what I've posted has come from a published family lineage book published in the 1940s with a second edition in the late 70s. Only my direct lines and collaterals have original research. Many years ago, I also incorporated files from others --- many duplicate entries ensued which I am still weeding out. I haven't incorporated any new contributions in years, although I'd like to sometime when I have 6 months with nothing better to do.

Sarah A. V. Kirby
(primary)
(alternate)

This thread: