Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-06 > 1276975588

From: <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] NARA Microfilm Numbers and Citations at Ancestry
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:26:28 -0500

Annette:

>I always leave a COMMENT in the COMMENT BOX . . .
>If there are enough of us who take the time to complain/leave a comment
maybe they will get the message.

Annette, your advice is about verification is wise---and your suggestion
that we always take the time to make the problem known to Ancestry is
squarely on target. When I find a problem I usually address it to someone
specific within Ancestry who I know cares about quality--such as Suzanne
Russo Adams (who used to head the Professional Desk and is now Society
Partnership Manager). It can take a couple of months to get the change made
and sometimes a compromise has to be made in situations in which there might
be needed a manual change for thousands of rolls; but I've always found
Ancestry responsive when a problem is pointed out to them.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG
Tennessee

This thread: