Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2010-09 > 1283543326

From: "Michael Hait" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Citatinitis
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:48:46 -0400

Linda,

I think the point here has to do with how you are accessing the record.

For example, if you are using an unindexed microfilm copy of the census,
then you just identify by what you see.

On the other hand, if you are using Ancestry's digital images, and Ancestry
has him indexed as Vond, it doesn't matter whether you went page by page in
the same way that you would on microfilm -- once you find him, you should
note the name by which he is indexed on Ancestry. With the new image
viewer, the names appear at the bottom of the page in a collapsible panel,
so you don't have to guess.

The path you take to search for him or the parameters you put into the
search engine are irrelevant.

Michael Hait

http://www.haitfamilyresearch.com