Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-01 > 1294671841

From: "Peggy Baldwin at Family Passages" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Writing competitions
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:04:01 -0800

Two people from my area have already told you about the writing contest I
facilitate here in Portland, Oregon. We have purposefully not advertised it
widely. It's reason for being is to is encourage our local people to write.
I'm not sure that it would serve our purposes to be added to a list. We do
allow outside entries, but I would not want to see it become something that
our local people had no chance of winning. We actually have some pretty good
writing, though. I also facilitate the Writers' Forum, where we learn about
writing and give each other feedback. Not surprisingly, the people from this
group quite often are in the winning group.

We started our writing contest 7 years ago. Each year we pick a theme. This
year it's "Movin' On."

Peggy

Peggy Baldwin, MLS
Family Passages LLC