Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-01 > 1294745955

From: Catherine Desmarais <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] teach to test
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 06:39:15 -0500

I'd like us all to remember that this is a professional list, and that we
are professional researchers, or transitioning into that career. We need to
be respectful of other professionals (whatever their field) and make sure we
can back up what we do say. If you have the research to cite for the
statement below it might be appropriate, although off-topic. The statement
is inconsistent with my 30 years experience in the field. Teacher
preparation programs at reputable colleges and universities are demanding,
both in entrance requirements and for completion. The vast majority of my
colleagues are extremely accomplished professionals who go above and beyond
for their students and families, despite sometimes difficult public
perceptions and attitudes.
Cathi

Catherine Desmarais, Professional Genealogist
Stone House Historical Research
Genealogical and Forensic Research
Heirloom Albums and Family Tree Charts