Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-02 > 1297022359

From: "Michael Hait" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Census citation help
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 14:59:19 -0500

I do not believe that there is any reason to separate the last page from the
others. The dwelling and family numbers will specify which households you
are citing.

There should also be a semi-colon between the actual census page citation
and the online edition you are using.

I also added, for clarification, "multiple households."

1860 U. S. Census, Hampden County, Massachusetts, population schedule,
Russell, Russell post office, pp. 599-602 (handwritten), pp. 9-12, dwellings
1-34, families 56-93, multiple households; digital images, Ancestry.com ...
[the rest is fine from here]

Michael Hait

http://www.haitfamilyresearch.com