Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-02 > 1298590214

From: Jacqueline Wilson <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Citations on Digital Images
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:31:45 -0600

Leon, thanks for asking this question as it is something I have wanted to know as well. I have yet to learn Photoshop, although I have some experience with Illustrator. I am on a Mac so I have been using iPhoto for some image editing. So far I just do not have many photos to play with yet (something still on my to-do list is digitize photos).

Dee, with iPhoto, my images appear to already be in jpeg format! Yippee! My problem is I scanned them in as a very large image and need to reduce file size. Oh well live and learn! I like the idea of having the citation as part of the image so it can never be separated, yet I also like the idea of treating it as a footnote.

Would it be redundant/overkill to do both when writing a report?