Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-03 > 1299862888

From: "Michael Hait" <>
Subject: [TGF] Free genealogy webinars tomorrow 3/12/2011 - Genealogicalsociety program coordinators encouraged
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:01:28 -0500

I know it is short notice but I hope that some of you might be able to
attend the following.

I love to talk about genealogy. In the past few years I have lectured around
Maryland and the District of Columbia, and even twice in New Jersey. I have
several more lectures coming up this year in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Unfortunately, the costs of travel prohibit my being able to lecture in
distant cities and states. To get around this issue, I would like to offer
my services as a lecturer remotely to societies around the country. This
strategy is already being used with success by other lecturers, within our
field and many others.

To promote my services, I am offering a series of free lectures, presented
as online webinars. I have scheduled the first two lectures for tomorrow, 12
March 2011. Additional lectures will be presented later this month. I would
like any members of genealogical societies to attend these lectures,
especially society program coordinators. These lectures can all be given
directly to genealogical societies at any time. Speakers' fees will be
discussed upon request.

All interested parties are of course welcome.

The two presentations scheduled for tomorrow are:

* What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'? *
The first step of the Genealogical Proof Standard is to "complete a
reasonably exhaustive search for all relevant records" related to your
research objective. This presentation discusses what a "reasonably
exhaustive search" constitutes, why this is necessary, and how to conduct a
search. A case study explores how failing to identify all relevant records
can lead to missing information and forming inaccurate conclusions about
your ancestors' lives. (Intermediate)
Date: Saturday, March 12, 2011
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/578464582
Space is limited to 100 attendees.

* Your Civil War Ancestors: A Guide to Research *
Learn how to identify your Civil War ancestors, and what information can be
found in the Civil War records. Both Union and Confederate ancestors are
covered. (Beginner/Intermediate)
Date: Saturday, March 12, 2011
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/635870374
Space is limited to 100 attendees.

The following presentations will be scheduled for later this month:

* African-American Genealogy: Tearing Down the Brickwalls *
Brickwalls in African-American genealogy can be caused by lack of records or
improper research habits. Learning to research effectively can help to avoid
these brickwalls. [optional case study available]

* Beyond Ancestry and FamilySearch: Online State Resources for Genealogy *
There are many different sources for online digital record images, from
state archives to historical societies. This presentation will sample
several of these resources, showing the great depth of records available
online.

* Beyond Ancestry and FamilySearch: Online Records for African-American
Research *
There are many different sources for online digital record images, from
state archives to historical societies. This presentation will sample
several of these resources, showing the great depth of records available
online, focusing on resources available for African-American genealogy.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Michael Hait

http://www.haitfamilyresearch.com

This thread: