Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-04 > 1301933310

From: Scott Hall <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] FindAGrave: Am I Being Overly Sensitive?
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:08:30 -0400

Another thing to note about Find-A-Grave, if you weren't already aware, is
their "Family First" policy which demands that anyone who is directly
related (within four generations) of a memorialized person be given
ownership of a memorial when requested, unless of course, the current owner
is also a family member. So, in your case, if the memorial was submitted by
a stranger, and you are within the four generation group, they MUST transfer
the memorial to you. If they do not, contact the FAG Administrator and they
will force the transfer. You can then edit the memorial at your discretion.

See the 4 FAQs starting with this one:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=listFaqs#79

Scott

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Elizabeth Swanay-O'Neal <