Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-07 > 1310584271

From: "Barbara Mathews" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Marriage citation
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:11:11 -0400

Leroy wrote, in part:
>> A deputy registrar supplied me information, by telephone, about a
>> book containing bound marriage licenses and returns. It is title
>> "Book Index," and in this case "D." The word "marriage" does not
>> appear on the spine. The page number in this instance is 455.

Here is my thinking on the matter. If I got the information over the
telephone, then I would be citing the telephone conversation. Within that
citation, I would state that the person supplied the following information,
then I would state the source as described. I think of this as "indirect
sourcing" and I do it fairly often if I haven't looked at the original
myself.

Yours, Barbara

This thread: