Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-09 > 1316894348

Subject: Re: [TGF] Pa. Statutes and division of children over 14 years
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:59:08 -0400 (EDT)

Rondina, try a search under "Ward." Age 14 was usually the age at which an
infant (minor) ward was permitted to choose the person to serve as his or
her guardian.

Donn

Donn Devine, CG, CGL
Wilmington DE

CG, Certified Genealogist, CGL, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under
license by board certificants after periodic evaluation, and the board name is
registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office.