Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-12 > 1324870359

From: "Kathy Gunter Sullivan, CG" <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Question about Source Citations and My Rootsmagic Software
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 22:32:39 -0500
References: <1324600596.17406.YahooMailClassic@web162303.mail.bf1.yahoo.com><CAOhjMgRrrbuP6e1adsqJU1p-dMhDLV+U2PPK6D5J9d-erp7Qpw@mail.gmail.com><00a901ccc2b3$ccb01c90$661055b0$@com><201112251721.pBPHLGAf019527@mail.rootsweb.com><005301ccc333$4ae805d0$e0b81170$@com><201112252100.pBPL01BT020461@mail.rootsweb.com> <1324863304.42133.YahooMailNeo@web120505.mail.ne1.yahoo.com><BAY145-ds2110AEE5F0D4A4BC5057AB92AE0@phx.gbl>

Michael brings up a *very* valid point to consider.

When North Carolina county courts of pleas and quarter sessions ceased
to exist in 1868, estate probate authority transferred to county
superior courts. Original wills, however, are categorized at the North
Carolina State Archives as (for example) Randolph County Original Wills.
At the end of the day, our source citations need to reflect the same
title that the holding repository uses because that is the ultimate
finding information.

Kathy

This thread: