Archiver > TRANSITIONAL-GENEALOGISTS-FORUM > 2011-12 > 1324872322

From: Harold Henderson <>
Subject: Re: [TGF] Question about Source Citations and My Rootsmagic Software
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 22:05:22 -0600

Ginger --

Others who know North Carolina have spoken well. I would say that your
overall approach is a good one.

The real point of EE is not for us to copy Elizabeth's citations (although
we all do that sometimes, and we could easily do worse). It's for us to
*think* about the records and about what needs to be in the citation and
what doesn't. Trying to reconcile EE with RM's formats and with your own
sense of the necessities is going to generate lots of thoughts, and if you
keep it up, regardless of how any particular citation comes out, you will
learn a whole lot more about the records you're using than those of us who
yield to the temptation to just copy someone else's citation format and get
out.

Happy New Year!

Harold

--
Harold Henderson
Research and Writing from Northwest Indiana

This thread: